- Fly wheel puller male
- Left Hand Thread - 27mm x 1.0 thread
- These are PRECISION tools and should be used with care and respect
- Oil both the puller and the thread in the flywheel with something like WD40 – make sure the puller threads onto the flywheel as fully as possible. Be careful of cross threading and the pitch – these threads are precise and should spin on without excessive torque, usually by hand.
- Make sure the thread in the flywheel is clean and lubricated
- Make sure you lock the flywheel
- NEVER use a rattle gun or a bar to remove the flywheel – if it needs that much torque something is WRONG
- These tools are designed for a maximum torque of 50 ft/lbs or 65 Nm
- If possible, use a preset torque wrench. Socket by preference, or a ring spanner, not open ender.
- If you break the puller, you are using it incorrectly
- If the flywheel is reluctant, remember a sharp TAP, not a hammering, on the end of the puller will help free from the tapered spline. If it does not come of, retighten slightly and tap again. Sometimes it has taken me up to 3 days to break the flywheel from the spline if heavily soaked in burnt oil.
Check for video on YouTube – very useful
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Moto Hardware users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.