Putoline air filters, based on leading-edge open-cell foam technology, bring users major benefits, including:
- Improved performance through increased airflow
- Improved protection through finer filtration levels
- Substantial cost savings through serviceability and re-use
- Fully reticulated (open cell) foam, as used in all Putoline filter products, consists of a honeycomb of tiny, interlocking cells of uniform size. When treated with specially formulated filter oil, each passageway is like hundreds of very small centrifugal/oil bath filters connected one to another. In this way, the foam traps and holds the particles throughout the entire volume of foam.
- The development of this unique foam represents a major advancement in air filtration technology. As a result, foam air filters, when compared with paper or cotton gauze equivalents, combine great airflow capability, huge dust holding capacity, and very high filtration efficiency for even extremely small particles.
- Coarse open-pore foam catches airborne dirt, grime and sand.
- Fine open-pore inner foam acts as a second filter to trap the smallest particles while ensuring maximum air passage.
- Exclusively formulated adhesive ensures glue seams will not break down.
- Thick, flat foam, greaseless sealing ring ensures maximum contact with your airbox, while acting as a breathable gasket for increased air passage.
- Fused outer and inner elements prevent dirt and grime from being lodged between layers. Trapped particles can restrict airflow. If dirt works it's way into your engine, a pinhead-sized granule will gouge your piston and rings like a bullet.